Sunday, April 28, 2013

What have YOU Learned in the Library?

I was playing on Pinterest as I often do before bed and stumbled across this awesome scope and sequence for the elementary school library-media center curriculum developed by the Council Rock School District in Newton, Pennsylvania.  I think it will be helpful as I prepare for the End of Year Family Night this week at Moye.  I have been asked to present what the children have learned in the library this year and coincidentally, this scope and sequence provides an excellent outline of the instruction I have provided our mountain lions.  

I hope to be able to interview a few students from each grade level to get some direct quotes from our babies about what they have learned in the library in their own words.  I can list all of the things I think and hope the children have learned but hearing it from the proverbial "horse's mouth" or out of the "mouth of babes" will be more meaningful and more direct.  

Stay tuned here for more about my presentation and what the children tell me about their year in the library.


No comments:

Post a Comment